The Duct Tape Marketing Podcast with John Janstch In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interviewed Micah Solomon, an expert on customer service, hospitality, and the customer experience. He delves into the unique concept of anticipatory customer service and its powerful potential to enhance brand loyalty and drive business growth. He’s a […]
The Resilient Entrepreneur: How to Win in a Hostile Economy written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interviewed Chris Guillebeau, an entrepreneur, writer, travel enthusiast, speaker, and podcaster. He has visited almost every country in the world, works independently, and motivates people to do the same, encouraging them to live a rewarding life by following their passion. His blog, The Art of Not Conforming, receives more than 300,000 views per month.
Chris is also a longtime fan of Duct Tape Marketing. Recently, he published his latest book, “Gonzo Capitalism: How to Make Money in an Economy That Hates You.”
During this podcast episode, we delve into the changing landscape of the economy, the rise of unconventional careers, and the power of decentralization. Chris shares fascinating stories of individuals who have found success in unique ways, from naming Chinese babies to teaching outdoor survival skills. Throughout our discussion, he reminded us why, in this rapidly evolving world, individuals and businesses should adapt, embrace novelty, and explore alternative paths to thrive in this changing economic landscape.
Questions I ask Chris:
- [00:55] Does the economy really hate you?
- [03:29] Does this happen only in America, or does it happen everywhere?
- [04:53] Does this mean that we should not be sending our kids to college?
- [06:36] Why did you call it gonzo capitalism?
- [08:53] What can people learn from your book?
- [13:43] What is the message, and what kind of clarity can you offer?
- [14:23] Where do you recommend people go to learn mor