My weekend blog post routine includes posting links to a handful of tools or great content I ran across during the week. I don’t go into depth about the finds, but I encourage you to check them out if they sound interesting. The photo in the post is a favorite for the week from an […]
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interviewed Micah Solomon, an expert on customer service, hospitality, and the customer experience. He delves into the unique concept of anticipatory customer service and its powerful potential to enhance brand loyalty and drive business growth. He’s a bestselling author with a fresh perspective on how businesses can transform their customer service strategies to foster enduring loyalty.
In his latest book, “Can Your Customer Service Do This?: Create an Anticipatory Customer Experience that Builds Loyalty Forever,” Micah delves deep into the intricacies of customer service, making it an indispensable read for entrepreneurs eager to elevate their customer relations and propel business success.
Anticipatory customer service is not just about reacting to a customer’s needs; it’s about predicting them. By serving even the unexpressed wishes of customers, businesses can create an unparalleled customer experience that fosters brand loyalty and catalyzes growth. In an era where customers crave personalization and a touch of anticipation, this approach proves to be a game-changer in the marketing and customer service sectors.
Questions I ask Micah Solomon:
- [00:50] Define anticipatory customer experience.
- [01:44] Some suggest that no matter how great your services, loyalty is dead. Can you comment on that?
- [02:33] Is providing a great customer experience a type of referral tactic?
- [02:48] What is the secret shopper role?
- [04:38] How did you decide to specialize in this particular aspect of customer experience?
- [08:35] How do you recommend handling both unhappy and unreasonable customers?
- [12:11] How do you view customer service as a